Frequently Asked Questions
What are the last order dates for festive season?
OROAFRICA will close on ____, December and reopen on _____, January 2019. To facilitate last minute orders, the last day to place orders for in stock products is ______ December at 12:00 midday. For memi products and other customised requests, the last day to place orders is Monday the ____ December at 12h00 midday.
Should you be using OROAFRICA's courier service, to avoid any disappointment, please enquire at the time of placing your order if the courier service will get the delivery to you when you expect it. Should you be collecting your own orders, please ensure this is done before 4:00pm on ________ December 2018.
Customer care: Tel: 0860 AFRICA (0860 237 422) or [email protected]
How do I place an order?
There are a couple of easy steps to placing an order, and they are as follows:
1. Log in with your username and password
- In order to place an order on the OROAFRICA website you will have to be registered and have a username and password allocated to you.
- If you are not a registered customer, please download our contact form here, fill in your details and return to us for processing. You will then be supplied with a username and password, please allow up to 48 hours for this process to be completed. Please note that OROAFRICA is open to trade customers only.
2. Navigate through our product selection, adding the applicable items to your cart as you go.
3. Once you are ready, proceed to check out where your order and delivery details will be confirmed.
4. Once you click “Confirm order”, an order request will be sent to our sales department and they will contact you to make payment or confirm your order’s delivery date. Please keep your order confirmation reference number handy to track or query your order confirmation.
Which payment methods can be used?
Payment cannot be made on the website itself - payment will be requested, via email, by our sales department.
How does delivery work?
Delivery takes place via a courier service. Delivery times and lead times are explored in-depth below.
1. Delivery times
RAM Couriers will deliver during business hours and will need someone to sign for your parcel. If you are NOT available at the delivery address noted in your order, please advise our customer service department so that we can note a secondary delivery person on the waybill. Please note that RAM Couriers only deliver to physical addresses and, therefore, do not deliver to P.O. Box addresses.
While deliveries are not usually made over weekends, they may be arranged at special request and for an additional charge. Similarly, overnight deliveries can also be arranged at special request for a supplementary charge.
2. Delivery lead times
All in-stock items will be subject to same-day delivery, provided they have been ordered and paid for before the daily 1pm deadline.
Main centers: 24-48 hours from the date of dispatch from our offices.
Outlying areas: 48-72 hours from the date of dispatch from our offices.
How do I track my order?
It’s as simple as emailing customer service. If your delivery is running late, according to the delivery lead times specified for your order, please email [email protected] noting your order number in the subject line. A sales consultant will soon be in touch to update you.
What do I need to know about pricing?
- Our prices exclude VAT
- Our prices exclude delivery
- The price on the website is the final price and is not negotiable
What is the return policy?
All merchandise can be returned within in 15 working days of the date of invoice. The item must be returned with a copy of the invoice or order number and any special verification cards, branded boxes, warranty cards or specialized packaging as well as a valid reason for the return.
Please note that all returns are credited at the discretion of OROAFRICA, and that items modified in any way will not qualify for return credit.
Items that cannot be returned or exchanged include:
- Engraved rings
- Special order items - this means we have specially ordered the item for you and it falls outside of the standard description noted on the website. This will be communicated to you clearly by the sales consultant.
- Custom made items
- Personal name chains
- Resized or altered items
Which diamond qualities are used?
The diamond qualities used in OROAFRICA pieces are:
- H-J in colour and SI in clarity for 18kt merchandise
- H-J in colour and SI-I in clarity for 9kt merchandise
Due to the nature of the product, the actual stone weights may vary slightly from the advertised weights.
All diamond purchases can be accompanied by a certificate of authenticity from an internationally recognised laboratory. This service is available at an additional charge, on special request.
Should you require a different quality of diamond than those advertised in the catalogue, we will be able to accommodate your needs with a special order item. This merely requires a special request and is offered at an additional charge.
Are jewellery mounts provided with a centre stone?
Jewellery mounts are provided without a centre stone, unless otherwise requested.
How do special orders work?
‘Special orders’ are orders made by request, whereby the item is customised in a particular way and therefore deviates from the standard item as advertised in the catalogue.
We will endeavour, as far as possible, to provide your custom-made piece in the requested size or with the particular diamond specifications that you require. However, please note that manufacturing special orders may have an implication on delivery lead times.
What are your contact details?
For general assistance, you can contact us via email on [email protected] You can also contact our call centre on 0860 AFRICA; which is open from 9am – 5pm Monday to Thursday, and from 9am – 4pm on Fridays.
Our office numbers are as follows:
- Cape Town office – 021 480 9860
- Johannesburg office – 011 645 9260